8 Foods That Make You Eat More
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- Almost everyone has experienced late-night cravings or eaten more in a single sitting than they may have intended, but certain foods can actually increase the likelihood of overindulging.
"In general, its foods that are digested very quickly," says Jamie Pope, a registered dietician and instructor of nutrition at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. She explains that these foods don't take much effort to eat and are less difficult for the body to break down, leading to spikes or dips in blood sugar that can increase your appetite and make you feel hungry not long after they're consumed.
|Foods that don't take much effort to eat and are less difficult for the body to break down lead to spikes or dips in blood sugar that can actually increase your appetite.|
Read on to find out which foods are more likely to lead to some inadvertent binges. Just keep in mind that these foods aren't necessarily bad for you, as long as you can control the cravings they may induce, and some people will be more sensitive to their effects than others based on body chemistry.
Ramen noodles are a staple among college students because they're easy to make and rather inexpensive, but they won't do anything to satisfy your hunger. In fact, thanks to the fact these products typically contain the flavor enhancer Monosodium glutamate in their flavoring packets, they just might be making you hungrier than you were before you ate them.
MSG is also a popular ingredient in many types of potato and tortilla chips, including many varieties of Doritos and Pringles. It is also commonly added to Chinese food, canned vegetables, soups and processed meats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV