Samsung Nexus S (Sprint)
This is Google's second run at making a phone to its specifications, only this time, Samsung is doing the manufacturing and Sprint (S) is selling it. Two years ago, HTC made the Nexus One and Google sold it online. But the retailing experiment failed, or at least was far less revolutionary than Google hoped.
The Nexus S runs on Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system and works on Sprint's WiMax 4G service. The Nexus S includes some of Google's favorite projects, including NFC, which may one day allow phones to make purchases with a swipe at a sales counter.
The Nexus phones are big among Android fans who see them as more purely Android than other versions in the market. The Nexus S runs on Gingerbread, and this is an advantage now, but it will soon be eclipsed by Android 3.0, or Ice Cream Sandwich (see above).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV