SandRidge Energy (SD) is an independent oil and natural gas company with operations in the Permian Basin and Mid-Continent region of the central U.S.
The company has been increasing its capital expenditures significantly and is increasing its borrowings, Hodges said. Investors haven't liked that, causing its stock to plummet 27% over the past three months.SandRidge is aggressive. It acquired significant oil shale acreage a few years ago for $100 million and just sold 10% of it for $500 million to South Korean investors, which will help fund new drilling programs, said Hodges. "I think analysts have been getting this wrong (with their mostly negative ratings) and don't understand what they're doing," Hodges said. "They were natural-gas drillers a few years ago and now its 80% oil, which is much more lucrative. And this is a company with one of best executives in the business running it" in Tom Ward. SandRidge's share performance has been volatile. The stock has risen 2.9% this year and 53% over the past 12 months. The company has a market value of $3 billion. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 Top-Performing Stocks From the No. 1 Small-Cap Fund portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV