No. 3 -- RIM's Complacency
As Apple's iPhone and Google (GOOG)-powered Androids ushered in a new generation of superphones, Research In Motion scoffed and proudly stood its ground saying simple email phones were more than adequate.
It's not exactly clear if co-CEOs Jim Balsillie (above) and Mike Lazaridis actually believed that at the time but being three years late to the market with smarter phones makes the company look just a little out of touch.The company's most recent results last week added to concerns that the BlackBerry maker may have fatally missed the boat in a fast-moving market. The stock has lost more than half its value this year. As for the co-CEOs, there's been only upbeat assessments of new phone opportunities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV