WATERBURY, Conn., Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Webster Bank has been ranked as one of the Top Workplaces in western Connecticut by the Connecticut Post in Bridgeport, The News-Times in Danbury, The Advocate in Stamford and the Greenwich Time, based on the results of an employee survey administered by a third party.
Webster was honored as one of the top 10 organizations in the "large companies" category, which included firms with 250 or more employees. It was the only bank that made the top 10 large companies list.
"This ranking is a tribute to all Webster bankers, who live and work according to our Webster Way core values," said Jeff Brown, executive vice president, chief administrative officer. "These values are what differentiate us as an employer and they are reflected in our programs, such as recruiting and education."
The Top Workplaces survey was sent this spring to the 1,237 Webster employees based in Fairfield, New Haven and Litchfield counties. In all, 1,065 employees responded, or 37 percent of Webster's total workforce at the time. Webster's 86 percent participation rate was well above the median of just under 60 percent for all participating employers.The 24-question survey asked Webster bankers for their opinions in six areas:
- Direction: An assessment of the company's values, leaders and strategy;
- Execution: An assessment of the how the company communicates and gets work done;
- Career: The opportunity for training and progression;
- Conditions: An assessment of the working atmosphere and working environment;
- Managers: The quality of the managers and their managerial skills; and,
- Pay and Benefits: An assessment of employee compensation for the work done.