WATERBURY, Conn., Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Webster Bank has been ranked as one of the Top Workplaces in western Connecticut by the Connecticut Post in Bridgeport, The News-Times in Danbury, The Advocate in Stamford and the Greenwich Time, based on the results of an employee survey administered by a third party.
Webster was honored as one of the top 10 organizations in the "large companies" category, which included firms with 250 or more employees. It was the only bank that made the top 10 large companies list.
"This ranking is a tribute to all Webster bankers, who live and work according to our Webster Way core values," said Jeff Brown, executive vice president, chief administrative officer. "These values are what differentiate us as an employer and they are reflected in our programs, such as recruiting and education."
The Top Workplaces survey was sent this spring to the 1,237 Webster employees based in Fairfield, New Haven and Litchfield counties. In all, 1,065 employees responded, or 37 percent of Webster's total workforce at the time. Webster's 86 percent participation rate was well above the median of just under 60 percent for all participating employers.The 24-question survey asked Webster bankers for their opinions in six areas:
- Direction: An assessment of the company's values, leaders and strategy;
- Execution: An assessment of the how the company communicates and gets work done;
- Career: The opportunity for training and progression;
- Conditions: An assessment of the working atmosphere and working environment;
- Managers: The quality of the managers and their managerial skills; and,
- Pay and Benefits: An assessment of employee compensation for the work done.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV