Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. “Solitario” (NYSE Amex: XPL)(TSX: SLR) and Ely Gold & Minerals “Ely Gold” (TSX.V: ELY) are pleased to announce significant progress on their advanced Mt. Hamilton gold-silver project located at the southern end of the prolific Battle Mountain gold trend, Nevada. Virtually all work currently being conducted is related to feasibility and permitting in anticipation of making a production decision for the Centennial deposit early in 2012. Completion of the Feasibility Study is expected in the later part of the fourth-quarter 2011, with a Plan of Operations to be filed soon thereafter.
Ongoing feasibility-level engineering has identified several important improvements over the previous mine plan outlined in the Updated Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) completed in July 2010 by Ely. Highlights of these improvements include:
- Production rate increased from 5,000 to 8,500 tons per day with an estimated mine life of approximately seven years
- An updated and improved resource model for mine scheduling
- An increase in the sizing of mining equipment for greater productivity and cost efficiency
- Improved ore delivery scheme from the open pit to the heap leach pad
- Enhanced environmental design for ore transportation and heap leach pad location
- Favorable results concerning water availability and waste rock characterization
SRK Consulting (U.S.), Inc., an independent international mine engineering firm, has been engaged by Solitario to manage and complete the Feasibility Study for Mt. Hamilton. The final mine and processing plan is nearly complete. Mining will occur in a single pit with 20-foot mine benches utilizing 100-ton capacity haul trucks. Ore will be hauled approximately 3,500 feet to the primary crusher. Waste will be hauled to a single waste storage area. The life-of-mine waste-to-ore ratio is estimated at approximately 2.5 tons of waste to 1.0 tons of ore.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV