In the news release, The Zweig Fund, Inc. Declares Distribution, issued 19-Sep-2011 by The Zweig Fund, Inc. over PR Newswire, we are advised by the company that the ex-date should read " October 5, 2011" rather than " October 6, 2011" as originally issued inadvertently. The complete, corrected release follows:
The Zweig Fund, Inc. Declares Distribution
NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Zweig Fund, Inc. (NYSE: ZF), announced that its third quarterly dividend distribution for 2011 will be $0.087 per share, payable on October 17, 2011, to shareholders of record on October 10, 2011 (ex-date October 5, 2011).
The distribution represents a cash dividend yield of 10% on an annualized basis. Distributions may represent earnings from net investment income, capital gains, excess gains taxable as ordinary income or, if necessary, return of capital. The tax status of the Fund's distributions is determined at the end of the taxable year.
The Zweig Fund, Inc. is a closed-end fund with an objective of increasing capital primarily through investment in equity securities consistent with the preservation of capital and reduction of risk as determined by the fund's investment adviser. The Zweig closed-end funds are advised by Zweig Advisers LLC. For more information on the Fund, please contact shareholder services at 800.272.2700, by email at email@example.com, or visit us on the web at www.virtus.com.SOURCE The Zweig Fund, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV