- The company will rename its DVD-by-mail service "Qwikster;" it is merely a renamed version of the Netflix DVD Web site. It's streaming service will continue to operate under the Netflix banner.
- Qwikster will be the same Web site and DVD service subscribers have become accustomed to. It will add a video game rental option for Wii, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games.
- There are no price changes. Each service will continue to cost $7.99 per month. Members who subscribe to both services will have two entries on their credit card statements, one for Qwikster and one for Netflix. The total will be the same as the current charges.
- Current subscribers won't have to do anything special if they already subscribe to Netflix's DVD-by-mail service.
Netflix Splits -- What's It Mean for Subscribers?
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.