Lennar earned $20.7 million, or 11 cents a share, in the third quarter, down from year-earlier earnings of $30 million, or 16 cents.
The EPS figure met analysts' expectations.
Revenue in the quarter dropped 1% to $820.2 million. Analysts were expecting revenue of $794.4 million.Lennar said it has "seen demand for home purchases slowly return to the marketplace, driven by low home prices and all-time low interest rates," but limiting the demand is "tight and tightening lending standards, high unemployment and low overall consumer confidence, which continue to weigh heavily on the purchase of new homes." Home deliveries in the quarter fell 3% to 2,865 homes. New orders rose 11% from a year earlier to 2,914 homes. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV