The turmoil facing the EU and other corners of the globe will likely continue to command headlines as we head into the next week. I urge investors to stand by their defensive holdings. Safe haven asset classes will prove beneficial in the event that volatility makes a comeback.
Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ) -4.3
The junior gold miners managed to witness a bit of a comeback at the close of the week. However, it was not enough to keep GDXJ from scoring a spot amongst the ETF industry's biggest losers.
Gold will likely continue to generate interest in the days ahead as the investing public seeks out safe havens to protect against the macroeconomic issues facing regions of the globe. Investors clamoring for exposure to GDXJ should keep any exposure small and focused. These small miners tend to be inherently more volatile than their large-cap cousins.Market Vectors Indonesia ETF (IDX) -3.6% ndonesia is an example of a nation that has taken a hit as investors, fearful of the economic turmoil facing Europe and other regions of the developed world, shun volatile emerging markets. Looking ahead, IDX may be an interesting fund to keep an eye on. Although it has run into weakness recently, prior to this current bout of choppy action it was an impressive performer. In the event that confidence makes a sustained comeback, the fund may be in store for a reversal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV