NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Celebrities looking to sell their mega-mansions are finding that the weak housing market is making that difficult even for the rich and famous.
Here's a look at the Hollywood names who are putting their homes on the market as listed on Zillow.
Mommy-to-be Hillary Duff has put up for sale the mansion that she purchased while starring in Disney's Lizzie McGuire with an asking price of $6.25 million.But according to The Real Estalker, Duff also attempted to sell the estate in 2010, listing it for $7 million the first time around. Real estate records reveal Duff bought the 9,277 square-foot house in Toluca Lake, Calif., in March 2004 for $3.5 million. According to the Zillow listing:
"Years in the making, this private estate features over 9,000 square-feet of the finest materials and custom finishes. Centered on a large courtyard with dramatic high ceilings, all public rooms are perfect for grand entertaining; modern industrial gourmet kitchen of stainless steel and wood, refined master suite with dual baths. Additional features include gym, billiard room, multiple offices and five large bedrooms. A pool and spa adjoining an outdoor living room complete this package. Hidden behind high walls and gates this is a rare opportunity to own one of the most prestigious properties in all Toluca Lake."If you put 20% down on the home with a 30-year-fixed loan, Duff's house would cost about $32,000 per month, according to Zillow estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV