NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Based on the strong industry outlook, latest quarterly results and analysts' hold recommendations, these six home health care stocks have potential upsides ranging from 13% to 60%. On average, these stocks have buy recommendation of 28% and hold rating of 67%, based on a Bloomberg consensus.
These stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential. Upside is implied by average analysts' price targets.
6. Chemed (CHE) operates through two segments: VITAS Group and the Roto-Rooter Group. VITAS focuses on hospice care for terminally ill patients, while Roto-Rooter provides plumbing and drain-cleaning services to both residential and commercial customers.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company reported a 5.8% increase in revenue to $333 million, with the VITAS segment generating a revenue increase of 7.3%. The GAAP diluted earnings per share soared 14.6%, to 94 cents, during the quarter. Net income expanded to $20.3 million from $18.9 million in the second quarter of 2010. Net cash from operating activities doubled to $51.1 million from $20.3 million in the year-ago quarter.The company recently raised its quarterly dividend to 16 cents per share, up 14.3% from 14 cents paid in the second quarter of 2011. For full year, the company expects revenue growth of 7.5% to 8.5% in VITAS and 6.5% to 8.5% in Roto-Rooter. EPS, excluding non-cash expense for stock options, non-cash interest expense related to accounting for convertible debt and other items not indicative of ongoing operations, is estimated at $4.7 to $4.8, compared to adjusted earnings per diluted share of $4.17 in 2010. Of the seven analysts covering the stock, two recommend a buy and three suggest a hold. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 13.2%, to $65.33, in the upcoming 12 months. Note: Upside is implied by average analysts price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV