7 Reasons Obama Should Run for Re-Election
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- To borrow from the old blessing or curse, we live in interesting times. The world economy is a mess, unemployment is hovering at near-record levels, and the federal government seems incapable of passing even the most obviously needed legislation. Our climate is changing, wars and famine rage across the globe, terrorism remains a serious, unpredictable threat to much of the civilized world. What sane person would want to be President now?
Apparently, President Obama does. And, although his detractors are suggesting, politely or otherwise, that he call it quits after one term, for the sake of the nation he really needs to run again. Here's why:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV