Carville to Obama: Fire Your Staff, Indict Wall Street
WASHINGTON (TheStreet) -- James Carville, the Democratic strategist, told President Obama in an op-ed piece for CNN.com that it's time some presidential staffers are shown the door.
" Mr. President, your hinge of fate must turn. Bill Clinton fired many people in 1994 and took a lot of heat for it. Reagan fired most of his campaign staff in 1980. Republicans historically fired their own speaker, Newt Gingrich. Bush fired Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. For God's sake, why are we still looking at the same political and economic advisers that got us into this mess? It's not working."
Carville said he was motivated to write the piece after results in two special elections Tuesday didn't go Democrats' way.
Carville said Obama should indict people, particularly those on Wall Street who "haven't been held responsible for utterly ruining the economic fabric of our country."Obama should demand answers from Attorney General Eric Holder as to why no one has been indicted, and "his explanations aren't good, fire him too," Carville said. "As I watch the Republican debates, I realize that we are on the brink of a crazy person running our nation," Carville wrote in his op-ed. "The course we are on is not working," Carville said. "The hour is late, and the need is great. Fire. Indict. Fight." -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV