NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nash-Finch Company (NAFC), The Pantry (PTRY), Vitacost.com (VITC), Winn-Dixie Stores (WINN), Core-Mark Holding Company (CORE), The Chefs Warehouse (CHEF) and Spartan Stores (SPTN) have up to 100% buy rating and likely will generate a mean return of 40% over the next one year.
7. Spartan Stores (SPTN) is a Michigan-based grocery retailer and distributor.
Consolidated net sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 increased to $602.6 million, up 4.4% from the same period last year. Both the retail and distribution segments reported better sales during the quarter. Adjusted EBITDA increased 6.7% during the quarter to $24.6 million from $23 million in the year-ago period.
The company reported net cash of $6.7 million and has managed to reduce the net debt to $137 million, vs. $174 million in the corresponding quarter of fiscal 2011.
The company expects second quarter fiscal 2012 distribution sales growth and retail comparable-store sales to track the first quarter numbers. However, second half 2011 is estimated better for comparable store sales. The stock is trading at 10.7 times its estimated 2011 earnings with 50% buy rating. It is estimated to have an upside potential of 26%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV