TSX-V Symbol: MXR OTC BB Symbol: MXROF Frankfurt: M1D
VANCOUVER, Sept. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - MAX Resource Corp. (TSXV: MXR); (OTCBB: MXROF); (Frankfurt: M1D) has received and mapped the results of an extensive soil sampling program recently completed at its Majuba Hill copper/gold/silver project in Pershing County, Nevada. A total of 834 soil samples were taken across a surface area in excess of 5,000 by 2,500 meters (m) with assay results obtained as high as 1.53% Cu and 209 g/t Ag. Assay results are pending from an eight hole drill program completed in August.
On the northwest side of the Majuba Hill property, on unpatented land, assay results in soils ranged from 1.8 ppm Cu to as high as 15,300 ppm (1.53%) Cu and from nil to as high as 209 g/t Ag. This area is being permitted for drilling in late fall.
Sampling was also undertaken on the newly identified "Ball Park" target area 1 km east of the Copper Stope target area (where drilling was recently completed), following up on previously reported sample values of 106 g/t Ag and 3.6% Cu in outcrop. Soil samples taken by MAX from this area returned values from 61.2 ppm to 132 ppm Cu and from 0.16 ppm to 2.5 g/t silver; this area is also being permitted for drilling this fall.In addition, MAX has acquired historic reports prepared by the United States Bureau of Mines (USBM Report of Investigations #4378, 1948) that reported assay results from drilling undertaken at the past producing Majuba Hill mine in 1943. The USBM drilled two short horizontal holes into the walls of the drifts, aimed toward the west. The first hole averaged 0.73% Cu over its entire length of 46 feet and 0.75 opt Ag over 16 feet. The second hole contained 2.0% Cu and 0.70 opt Ag over the entire 45 feet. This area, underneath the Copper Stope, will be explored during the coming fall drill program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV