NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "Daily ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by each day to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
Market Vectors Poland ETF (PLND) 5.0%
PLND and a slew of other Europe-related ETFs are powering higher following news that five central banks hailing from across the developed world would take steps in hopes of warding off a liquidity crisis in the eurozone.
LosersiPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) -3.5% Broad market strength is helping to instill some welcomed confidence into the hearts and minds of wearied investors. In response, the fear-tracking VIX is heading lower, leading ETNs like VXX to a third day of declines. Investors should continue to exercise caution despite today's strength. Maintaining a level of defense will be essential to navigating market shakiness down the road. iShares Silver Trust (SLV) -2.7% Precious metals are stumbling as upward market action drives investors out of safe-haven asset classes. Physically-based silver ETFs like SLV are leading the way lower. Gold and other shiny commodities are struggling as well. Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ) and ETFS Physical Platinum Shares (PPLT) are seeing notable declines. Palladium appears to be bucking this trend however. During early afternoon trading the ETFS Physical Palladium Shares (PALL) ETF was trading in positive territory.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV