Another under-$10 stock worth watching is Avanir Pharmaceuticals (AVNR), a pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapeutic products for the treatment of central nervous system disorders. This stock has taken it on the chin so far in 2011, with shares off by over 28%.
If you take a look at the chart for Avainr, you'll see that this stock has been downtrending since mid-May, when it hit a high of $4.80 a share. Since hitting that high, shares of AVNR have been stuck in a bearish pattern, making lower highs and lower lows. That said, the stock just started to show some signs of changing that pattern. First, the stock has started to make higher lows since bottoming at $2.46 a share in August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV