Another under-$10 stock worth watching is Avanir Pharmaceuticals (AVNR), a pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapeutic products for the treatment of central nervous system disorders. This stock has taken it on the chin so far in 2011, with shares off by over 28%.
If you take a look at the chart for Avainr, you'll see that this stock has been downtrending since mid-May, when it hit a high of $4.80 a share. Since hitting that high, shares of AVNR have been stuck in a bearish pattern, making lower highs and lower lows. That said, the stock just started to show some signs of changing that pattern. First, the stock has started to make higher lows since bottoming at $2.46 a share in August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV