RIM's BlackBerry Jam
Looking ahead, analysts expect RIM's third-quarter earnings to grow 56% sequentially over the second quarter on sales of $5.27 billion.
Analysts don't have high hopes for RIM's PlayBook tablet sales but a few have raised their phone sales estimates for the second quarter slightly above the 14 million units consensus level.
RIM shares are up more than 20% from the five-year low they hit on August 5 but even with that bounce, the stock is down nearly 50% since the start of 2011. The shares were changing hands at $29.94 on Thursday afternoon, up 22 cents ahead of the report. The forward price-to-earnings multiple on the stock is just 5.8X though, less than half that of Apple shares at 12.1X.
TheStreet will cover RIM's earnings in a live blog beginning at 3:45 p.m. ET today.--Written by Scott Moritz in New York. Readers Also Like: >> Why You Should Care About Windows 8 >> Be Afraid! How Hackers Can Control Your Car, TV and Home
To contact this writer, click here: Scott Moritz, or email: email@example.com. Follow Scott on Twitter at MoritzDispatch
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV