VANCOUVER, Sept. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (TSX: FVI) (Lima Stock Exchange: FVI / www.fortunasilver.com ) is pleased to announce that it has been approved to list its common shares on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") on September 19, 2011 under the trading ticker symbol " FSM". The Company will retain its listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") and the Lima Stock Exchange ("BVL"), both under the symbol "FVI".
Jorge A. Ganoza, Fortuna President, CEO and Director, stated: "As a growing multinational mining corporation, Fortuna's size and market capitalization have increased significantly. It is the right time for the Company to take this step and we believe our shareholders will benefit from listing on the NYSE, one of the world's premier securities markets. The Company looks forward to the opportunity to broaden its investor base as our business continues to expand."
"We welcome Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. to the NYSE Euronext family of listed companies and to New York Stock Exchange," said Scott Cutler, Executive Vice President, NYSE Euronext. "Fortuna Silver Mines and its shareholders will benefit from superior market quality and technology, a broad array of issuer and investor services and a global brand association. We look forward to building a strong and lasting partnership with the Company and its shareholders."
Fortuna Silver Mines Inc.Established in 2004, Fortuna is a growth-oriented, silver and base metal producer focused on mining opportunities in Latin America. Our primary assets are the Caylloma silver mine in southern Peru and the San Jose silver-gold mine in Mexico. The Company is selectively pursuing additional acquisition opportunities. For more information, please visit our website at www.fortunasilver.com. ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV