The World's Most Unique Currency
BOSTON ( MainStreet) -- If you want to encourage people to save more, perhaps making money that is too pretty to spend will do the trick.
U.S. currency may be the lifeblood of a global economy, but it lags far behind other nations in aesthetics. Our green bills -- adorned with headshots of notable presidents and a smattering of Freemason imagery -- is rather dull and bland compared with the artistry on display in wallets and purses across the planet.
It is not just the artwork setting other countries' currency apart.
Australia, for example, has tweaked its bills in unique ways. While the U.S. stocks with mainly paper, Australians have chosen plastic, and its polymer-based bills have proven to be more durable, longer-lasting and harder to counterfeit. Raised print not only adds another deterrent for counterfeiters, but enables the blind to feel the differences between denominations.The following are some of the world's most unique currencies:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV