Immunex Gets FDA Approval to Market Novantrone as MS Treatment
Immunex (IMNX) received Food and Drug Administration approval to market Novantrone as a treatment for certain forms of multiple sclerosis.
Novantrone is currently marketed, in combination with corticosteroids, to treat pain in patients with advanced hormone-refractory prostate cancer and for an initial therapy of acute nonlymphocytic leukemia.
The FDA approval allows Immunex to promote Novantrone as a treatment for secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Shares of Immunex recently traded up $1.25, or 3.3%, to $38.88 in Nasdaq in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV