MINNEAPOLIS ( Stockpickr) -- There is a fundamental shift taking place in the economy. Huge losses on personal assets, including real estate and housing, combined with a challenging job market has changed consumer behavior. Budgets are tight, and there is a renewed emphasis on savings.
The result of this very significant change is an emphasis on bargains and price. There are many loud voices in the financial world concerned about inflation based mainly on current easy monetary policy. The fallacy of that argument is almost amusing. Simply take a look around and you will see the masses working hard to find bargains at every turn.
When consumers don't spend, prices will be hard-pressed to increase. The pressure on prices for most goods and services is tremendous at the moment. Last month, import prices fell thanks to lower fuel costs. Food and materials prices fell as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV