NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - As some stores in the U.S. and Europe are already gearing up for the launch of Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 5 in October, consumers are preparing in droves to ditch their current smartphones for the new device.
Forty-two percent of Android users plan on buying an iPhone as their next phone, while 67% of BlackBerry owners say they're going to switch too, according to a recent note from Piper Jaffray.
Of course, expect new iPhone users to start filling their phones immediately with the 450,000 plus apps available in the App Store.
Here are 10 of our favorite new iPhone apps for this fall.ScatterBrain ScatterBrain is an easy way for you to keep track of your thoughts throughout the day, whether it's remembering to pick up a carton of milk or paying your electric bill. To create a note, click on the "plus" icon and enter a title ("Personal," "Work," "Groceries," etc.) and a description. You can then color code each note depending on your preferences and set reminders. The app also lets you text and e-mail posts (useful for things like long grocery lists or guest lists for parties). We liked the app's simplicity but wish there had been just a few more functions such as camera integration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV