NEW YORK (TheStreet) - As some stores in the U.S. and Europe are already gearing up for the launch of Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 5 in October, consumers are preparing in droves to ditch their current smartphones for the new device.
Forty-two percent of Android users plan on buying an iPhone as their next phone, while 67% of BlackBerry owners say they're going to switch too, according to a recent note from Piper Jaffray.
Of course, expect new iPhone users to start filling their phones immediately with the 450,000 plus apps available in the App Store.
Here are 10 of our favorite new iPhone apps for this fall.ScatterBrain ScatterBrain is an easy way for you to keep track of your thoughts throughout the day, whether it's remembering to pick up a carton of milk or paying your electric bill. To create a note, click on the "plus" icon and enter a title ("Personal," "Work," "Groceries," etc.) and a description. You can then color code each note depending on your preferences and set reminders. The app also lets you text and e-mail posts (useful for things like long grocery lists or guest lists for parties). We liked the app's simplicity but wish there had been just a few more functions such as camera integration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV