Answering questions at the end of an analyst day presentation, Chambers was asked if he and the board were in agreement on the direction the company is headed. Chambers said the board met three days ago and the "answer was a resounding yes."
The board, according to Chambers, also asked if he would be willing to commit to another three years as CEO. "And I said I would," Chambers disclosed.
There has been no recent announcement about any contract extension, but clearly Chambers wanted to put to rest the speculation that he is in the hot seat and a replacement may be in the works.Investors and analysts heard presentations from several key Cisco executives Tuesday, a group considered the bench where a CEO successor would be chosen.
|Cisco, led by John Chambers, could offer upside, say analysts.|
To contact this writer, click here: Scott Moritz, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Scott on Twitter at MoritzDispatch
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV