Ancestry.com Takes a Tumble
The move comes after the latest short interest data showed a spike in investors betting the stock is headed for a fall.
Bloomberg highlighted the increase in an article published late Monday, including the company on a list of stocks seeing the biggest percentage boosts in short interest vs. the public float as of Aug. 31. Ancestry.com saw the percentage of its public float held short swell by 3.9% to 25.54% from 21.67% as of Aug. 15.
According to data on Nasdaq.com, the number of Ancestry.com shares held short increased 17% to 6.03 million as of Aug. 31 from 5.1 million two weeks before. That rise follows a 33% jump over the previous two-week period spanning the start of August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV