NEW YORK ( TheStreet --There are seven companies in the IPO pipeline that could top $1 billion.
If all seven were to price before the year's end, 2011 would match 2001 for billion dollar offerings. But just because an offering is in the big money category, that doesn't mean it's going to be successful. Granted, more investors have an opportunity to get in but that can be a curse and not a blessing.
So far, three of the five members of the billion-dollar club that have gone public in 2011 have underperformed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV