Boise Cascade 3Q Earnings Fall Shy of Analysts' Estimates
Boise Cascade (BCC) reported third-quarter earnings that came in 5 cents shy of Wall Street's expectations.
The company reported net income of $27.4 million, or 40 cents a diluted share, before extraordinary gains, for the quarter, compared with $49 million, or 74 cents a diluted share, in the same period a year ago. Ten analysts were expecting the company to earn 45 cents for the quarter, according to First Call/Thomson Financial.
Boise Cascade said third-quarter sales rose to $1.92 billion from $1.79 billion a year ago, which the company attributed to growth in office products and building materials distribution, as well as higher paper prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV