NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- In today's low interest rate environment, long-term investors may wish to consider dividend stocks as an alternative to fixed income investments.
At 2.13%, the dividend yield of the S&P 500 index generates more income than a 10-year Treasury note, but is still scant by absolute standards.
Income investors might find better opportunity in a diverse basket of carefully chosen stocks.
|Find Dividend Stocks, Funds and ETFs >>|
Each of these 10 stocks has a higher dividend yield than a S&P 500 index fund, has a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings and will trade ex-dividend tomorrow (this means that you must purchase the stock today to qualify for the next dividend payment).TheStreet Ratings stock-rating model favors defensive investments with a bias towards conservatively financed companies that have demonstrated a history of favorable shareholder returns. As always, stock ratings should not be treated as gospel -- rather, use them as a starting point for your own research. The stocks on the following pages are ranked by their dividend yield, in ascending order.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV