World Allocation Funds Dodge Trouble Spots
Many of the fund's holdings are big growth stars, including Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG). But the fund also includes solid companies that fit in the blend box. A holding is Arcos Dorados (ARCO), a McDonald's (MCD) franchisee that owns restaurants throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. The franchisee has been expanding throughout its region, and Koontz says that the company can open more units. "There is room for McDonald's to grow in Latin America," he says.
Another holding is Microsoft (MSFT). Koontz says that investors have low expectations for the software giant because much of its revenues are tied to sales of personal computers. "Everybody feels that the PC is dead, and Apple's iPad will take away market share," says Koontz. "But the PC sales numbers have been better than people expected."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV