This company is a great buy for two reasons: First of all, beer and soft drinks are consumer staples that have seen strong sales even during tough times. Secondly, AmBev is benefiting from the fact the Brazilian real has appreciated dramatically against the U.S. dollar. When Brazil's currency surges against the greenback, this company's sales and profits get a significant boost because of favorable exchange rates.
The stock is up more than 50% in the past 12 months, and the dividend yield is a solid 4.7% ($1.43 in dividend payments in the last four quarters).
The bottom line is that the big money is going to be on the move this month. Buyers are returning from their summer hiatus and they have very few options for their money. This is your opportunity to recognize that fact and be out in front of the trend to maximize your gains. My advice is to stick to high-yield, high-growth stocks like Altria Group, Philip Morris International and Companhia de Bebidas das Americas as they are the best alternative to Treasuries and will experience the most buying pressure in the weeks to come.
At the time of publication, Louis Navellier held positions in Altria Group, Philip Morris International and Companhia de Bebidas das Americas.Also see:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV