$65M Malibu Mansion: Most Expensive Auction
"The seller is just motivated to sell because he wants it sold by a certain date and the property has been on the market for an extended amount of time," Tony Fitzgerald, a broker with Premiere Estates Auction, told Forbes.
The home boasts six bedrooms, nine and a half bathrooms, a master suite with dual baths and two dressing rooms, a 90-foot great room, an oceanfront gym, indoor and outdoor kitchens, a home theater room that reportedly cost $1.5 million to build and a library outfitted with a saltwater aquarium. The 4,500-square foot outdoor patio, which looks out over the Pacific Ocean with 180-degree views, has an outdoor kitchen and 75-foot, two-lane lap pool. The home has 150 feet of direct oceanfront footage, plus an additional 40 feet of unobstructed beach.
If the property auction is successful, it would sell at a hefty discount to the original asking price of $65 million.In July, the most expensive home in the U.S. sold, also at a bargain rate. The $150 million mansion was sold by Candy Spelling, wife of the late TV producer Aaron Spelling, to 22-year-old Petra Ecclestone, daughter of British self-made billionaire and racing boss Bernie Ecclestone. The Formula One racing fortune heiress picked up the 57,000-square foot Los Angeles mansion for a song at $85 million. -- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
>>See our new stock quote page. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV