NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Sterling Bancorp (NYSE:STL) is tomorrow, September 13, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 9 cents per share. At a price of $7.37 as of 9:33 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 4.7%. The average volume for Sterling has been 105,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sterling has a market cap of $237.8 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 28.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Sterling Bancorp operates as a bank holding company for Sterling National Bank that provides a range of banking and financial products and services in the Untied States primarily in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. The company has a P/E ratio of 40.5, above the average banking industry P/E ratio of 35 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about STL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV