PITTSBURGH, Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ANSYS, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANSS), a global provider of Simulation-Driven Product Development™, today announced that it has been named in the Software Top 100™ for the fifth year running. The 2011 version of the leading independent online overview of the world's largest software companies sees ANSYS move up to 92nd place, having ranked 96th in 2010.
To compile the annual Software Top 100 list, software companies are ranked according to their annual software revenues from the sale of licenses, maintenance, subscription services and support. Revenues from service activities such as consultancy, training, custom software development and system integration are excluded. The list is used primarily by IT industry professionals and corporate software buyers as well as for market analysis.
"ANSYS first appeared in the Software Top 100 in 2007," said Balder Verberne, Software Top 100 editor. "The company is consistently growing, which is a testament to its climb from 96th to 92nd place over the last 12 months. The revenue growth at ANSYS was significantly higher than the 9.2 percent average growth of all companies that made this year's list," the editor added."It is an honor to be recognized in this list for the fifth year running, alongside the world's largest software companies," said Jim Cashman, ANSYS president and CEO. "Even in an uncertain economic climate, ANSYS has continued to report steady growth and deliver strong performance. By helping our customers to focus on innovation, optimize product designs, expedite time to market and maximize ROI, we have transformed challenges into opportunities for growth – both for ourselves and the organizations we serve." The suite from ANSYS enables customers to optimize designs throughout the product development process, especially in the early stages when changes can be efficiently and cost-effectively implemented.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV