NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- It's a good bet Harvard Business School is not going to be using Sony (SNY) as a case study -- at least not a positive one. All you can do is gawk at the missteps of the once-hallowed electronics giant: the ridiculously disorganized PlayStation 3 rollout, how it lost its once insurmountable position in the flat-panel TV market, its go-nowhere PC strategy, it's go-nowhere portable device wars, its synergy-free Hollywood movie strategy ... you can't make it up.
But even still, a business ignores Sony at its peril. To wit, Sony's latest attempt in the tablet PC market: the Sony Tablet S ($499). It rolls out Sept. 15, and I sat down for a thorough demo with a company representative Thursday.
|Easy to hold, easy to look at and a welcome choice for business types, the S shows Sony can do something right (if not perfectly).|
The takeaway? The S is an intriguing option for companies trying to use a tablet get something done.
What you get
The unit is a unique approach to the tablet, with some nice business features kicked in.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV