MORRISVILLE, N.C., Sept. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Alliance One International, Inc. (NYSE: AOI) announced in October 2001 that the Directorate General for Competition ("DGCOMP") of the European Commission ("EC") began an administrative investigation into certain tobacco buying and selling practices alleged to have occurred within the leaf tobacco industry in some countries within the European Union, including Spain and Italy. In 2004, the EC fined the Company and its Spanish subsidiaries euro 4.4 million ( US$5.6 million), and in 2005 fined the Company and its Italian subsidiaries euro 24.0 million ( US$28.8 million). As previously announced, AOI fully recognized the impact of, and paid in full, each of the above-referenced fines in prior fiscal years. The Company and its applicable subsidiaries are in various stages of the appellate process with respect to the referenced cases. AOI is studying the judgment of the European Union's General Court (the "General Court"), announced earlier today in Case T-25/06, and is evaluating its position in such regard. Judgments of the General Court may be appealed to the Court of Justice of the European Union.SOURCE Alliance One International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV