First Trust Global Wind Energy ETF (FAN) -3.4%
The alternative energy sector is facing substantial headwinds as developed nations work diligently to pare back their spending and cut down debt. The wind energy industry is getting hit particularly hard at the end of the week, leading FAN to test previous all-time lows.
Solar energy is not being left out of today's sell off. On the contrary, the Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN) is suffering notable losses as well.
All prices as of 2:14 PM ESTWritten by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV