"I avoid the stock because it is a dangerous investment that has been hyped by those with a vested interest," wrote Mark, a Philadelphia resident who asked that his last name not be used, in an e-mail. "I believe the balance sheet to be weaker than proclaimed to be and I don't trust GM." He avoids its vehicles as well.
"I would not vote for Obama based on his failing policies and divisive approach," Mark said. "The blatant favoritism towards the unions and the abuse of contract law when he screwed creditors of GM sealed his loss of my vote and many like me."
Jeff, another reader, said in an e-mail that he, too, eschews GM cars and stock. "In addition to boycotting GM, my family is doing the same thing for
Johnson & Johnson
(JNJ)," he wrote. "Those companies supported Obama care and Cap & Trade
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV