One potential solution to the current economic malaise is small business. These engines of growth have been struggling under the weight of competition from larger players. In the homeland security space, the government is poised to provide support to these smaller entities that play a critical role in keeping the country safe. I.D. Systems (IDSY) is a $56 million market cap company that helps other businesses and governmental agencies keep track of enterprise assets. Its wireless solutions allow customers to monitor everything from fork lifts to trailers and rail cars. If something goes missing, I.D. Systems will know about it.
Shares of I.D. Systems have been very stable during this uncertain market environment. The company is expected to lose money this year, with profits coming in 2012. As the importance of asset tracking becomes more prominent in the discussion of homeland security, I.D. Systems is poised to grow.Currently at around $5.13 per share, the stock is a bargain given the potential size of this market. I would buy this homeland security stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV