GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo., Sept. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DB Systel GmbH, a subsidiary owned by and the information and communication technology (ICT) service provider for Deutsche Bahn AG, signed a master services agreement with CIBER making it a framework contract partner for IT services. By the end of its Europe-wide tender "IT Productions & Support (ITPS)," a total of 23 new framework agreements under EU law will have been completed, which provides DB Systel GmbH more legal certainty by obtaining external IT services in an international context. The contract runs for three years and may be extended twice in two-year increments.
"The Deutsche Bahn Group is one of the world's largest passenger and logistics service providers and is among the key companies in its market," said Jorg Dietmann, managing director of CIBER Germany and vice president of the global SAP practice at CIBER. "It is a special honor that CIBER Germany is included once again in the circle of this most important IT partner."
"After 13 months for the preparation and execution of the tender, the integration of various business and service sectors and the establishment of overarching project teams, we welcome now the 23 framework contractors, which will assist us as competent external IT service providers during the next three years," said Michael Titze, department manager--skill and resource management at DB Systel. "CIBER has met our selection criteria to the full extent and its management and performance presentation convinced us.""This award fits into a long and positive project history with Deutsche Bahn," said Ingo Windshugel, department manager for the transport and logistics industry at CIBER's German operations. "In 2006, CIBER was selected by DB Systel as partner for development of services in support of SAP® solutions. Later, CIBER assisted with further development and a company rollout of SAP solutions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV