Vasco Data Security International Inc. Stock Downgraded (VDSI)
- VDSI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- VDSI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.28, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for VASCO DATA SEC INTL INC is rather high; currently it is at 63.20%. Regardless of VDSI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VDSI's net profit margin of 6.10% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- VDSI has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 6.03% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.24 million or 93.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts