Farewell Summer 2011! Aside from an earthquake, a hurricane, Europe disintegrating and a stock market smack-down, it sure was fun while it lasted.
Sadly, however, it's time for all of us to get back to work (And boy do we have a lot of work ahead!). But before we go, let's take one last look back at Wall Street's warm-weather antics in The Five Dumbest's 'So Long Summer Quiz.' Answering correctly gives you a shot at an autographed copy of Jim Cramer's Getting Back To Even.
Enter by midnight Monday, Sept. 12, by emailing your answers here with the words "Contest Entry" in the subject line. We'll rerun the column Friday, September 16th, with the answers and the name of the winner. If there is more than one correct entry, we'll have a drawing.
Good luck!1. How much did one very hungry value investor shell out in June for a steak lunch with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) boss Warren Buffett? A. $111,045, or the cost of a Berkshire A share on June 10th. B. $1 million C. $2.63 million D. A billion Spacebucks 2. Internet radio provider Pandora (P) made a major splash when it went public in June, trading all the way up to $26 a share on its first day in the market. At what level was the IPO originally priced? A. $10 B. $12 C. $16 D. $26 3. After announcing a major plan to cut staff and overhaul his organization, Research In Motion (RIMM) CEO Jim Balsillie told analysts on a June conference call to not use what term or terms to describe the strategy? A. "Reorganization" B. "Re-Org" C. "Restructuring" D. All of the above E. None of the above 4. In late June, News Corp. (NWS) announced the sale of its Myspace division to online advertising network operator Specific Media for $35 million. How much did the company pay for the Web site in the first place in 2005?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV