Pacer International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACR), the North American freight transportation and global logistics services provider, announced that it is adding a number of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)-powered trucks to its Southern California Cartage fleet. The trucks will operate through Pacer’s cartage subsidiary, Pacer Cartage, Inc.
LNG-powered trucks are estimated to produce 33 percent less nitrogen oxides and 20 percent less greenhouse gas emissions than diesel-fueled trucks. Pacer will be testing the LNG trucks’ operational capabilities to determine continued deployment of LNG trucks.
The LNG truck testing program is a continuation of Pacer’s commitment to reducing emissions and improving fuel efficiency. More than 300 clean diesel tractors have been deployed in Southern California to support local cartage operations. Pacer is also a committed SmartWay SM partner.
“We believe that the use of clean tractor technologies for our cartage operations is the right decision for our customers, the environment, and our company. We are excited to test the benefits of this new technology in our cartage operation,” said Val T. Noel, President, Pacer Cartage.ABOUT PACER INTERNATIONAL ( www.pacer.com) Pacer International, a leading asset-light North American freight transportation and logistics services provider, offers a broad array of services to facilitate the movement of freight from origin to destination through its intermodal and logistics operating segments. The intermodal segment offers container capacity, integrated local transportation services, and door-to-door intermodal shipment management. The logistics segment provides truck brokerage, warehousing and distribution, international freight forwarding, and supply-chain management services. For more information on Pacer International visit www.pacer.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV