NEW YORK (TheStreet) - The recent high oil prices and drilling technology upgrades have made Marcellus Shale, the largest natural gas shale play in the U.S., economically viable. Professor Engelder of Pennsylvania State University estimates recoverable natural gas reserves in this shale play at around 489 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) with an economic value of around $2 trillion.
Chesapeake Energy (CHK), Penn Virginia (PVA), Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZo), Consol Energy (CNX), Rex Energy (REXX), Gastar Exploration (GST) and Magnum Hunter Resources (MHR) are seven Marcellus stocks with potential to deliver attractive returns over the next one year.
According to analysts surveyed by Bloomberg, these stocks have an average buy rating of 73% and a 54% upside potential. The stocks are arranged in ascending order of potential upside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV