1. HudBay Minerals (HBM), a Canada-based diversified mining company, owns copper/zinc/gold mines, ore concentrators and zinc production facilities in northern Manitoba and Saskatchewan, a zinc oxide production facility in Ontario, a nickel project in Guatemala and a copper project in Peru.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company saw its profit before asset impairments increase multi-fold to $40 million, or 23 cents per share, from $4.4 million, or 3 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the quarter soared 31.7% to $246.8 million from the same quarter prior year. Operating cash flow for the quarter almost doubled to $63.5 million, or 37 cents per share.
The company recently reported that it has completed optimization studies for its Lalor project in order to maximize value and potential. The project optimization would increase production to 4,500 tons per day from the present 3,500 tons per day. In addition, mining costs would reduce to $36 per ton from $56 per ton as of now. Milling costs would drop to $16 per ton from $24 per ton.Looking ahead, the company believes that its operating mines are on track to meet the production and cost guidance for the remaining part of 2011, after delivering a strong performance during the second quarter of 2011. Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 81% recommend a buy and 13% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 54% to $19.30 in the upcoming 12 months. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 Mining Stocks to Watch portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV