NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Berry Petroleum (NYSE:BRY) is tomorrow, September 9, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 8 cents per share. At a price of $46.62 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 0.7%. The average volume for Berry has been 828,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Berry has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 7.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Berry Petroleum Company, an independent energy company, engages in the production, development, acquisition, exploitation, and exploration of crude oil and natural gas in the United States. The company's properties are located in California, Texas, Utah, and Colorado. The company has a P/E ratio of 95.7, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 99.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about BRY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV