NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Treaty Energy Corporation (OTCQB: TECO), a growth-oriented energy company in the oil and gas industry, today reported on its progress on the project to increase production on its Texas oil leases.
Stephen L. York, President and COO of Treaty Energy Corporation, stated, "We want our shareholders to know that our team has faced the hottest and driest summer in Texas since 1980. The extreme heat and dry climate have considerably affected ground conditions. These conditions have caused failures of equipment and electrical transformers which have led to a decline in the overall production on our existing wells."
Mr. York added, "However, the good news is that Treaty Energy's aggressive work-over plan has been able to offset the decline in production and has even greatly increased the production of the re-worked wells."
"Production on the first eight wells that have been re-worked increased from 8 barrels of oil per day to 26.5 barrels per day," explained Mr. York. He explained further, "Treaty Energy has also recently finished re-working an additional eleven wells, and after about a week of steady production, we are expecting to increase production to about 55 barrels of oil per day."Treaty Energy has four other leases that are currently not producing as they require a work-over on the injector wells and electrical power lines. Work-over of these leases should be completed by the end of September and is expected to increase overall Texas production to 65 to 70 barrels of oil per day by that time. Beyond the previously mentioned work-overs, Treaty Energy has 15 shut in wells spread over the Great Eight Leases that have been shut in for more than 12 months. Upon completion of all scheduled work-overs, the Company will then be able to more accurately evaluate the additional shut in wells and re-work them as necessary to bring them back into production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV