Jobs, Obamacare Hot Topics in GOP Debate
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (TheStreet) -- This wasn't Texas Governor Rick Perry's first rodeo but Wednesday's Republican presidential debate still had to be a daunting experience for the politician, who jumped into the race late but already seems to be leading the GOP field.
That frontrunner status made him a prime target early on.
Moderator Brian Williams dove right into the issue of the flagging U.S. economy, beginning with a tough question for Perry by throwing out a number of troubling statistics on Texas, such as its last ranking of citizens who have graduated in high school, and asking if he thought this was what Americans are looking for. Perry responded, as many of candidates would this evening, by touting job creation on his watch.
"Actually what Americans are looking for is someone who can get the country working again, and we put the model in place in the state of Texas," Perry answered, saying the state has created 1 million jobs over the past decade.
|Texas Gov. Rick Perry|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV