ORLANDO (TheStreet) -- National Retail Properties (NNN) shares failed to ride Wednesday's market rally -- even as other mall and retail real estate investment trusts were gaining -- after the company priced a secondary offering.
National Retail said late Tuesday it had priced an offering of 8 million shares at $26.07 per share. Underwriters were granted a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1.2 million shares to cover over-allotments.
The offering is expected to close on Sept. 12, 2011.
Investors, worried about the dilutive effect the offering will have on their own holdings, bid National Retail shares 1.2% lower at $26.28 in afternoon trading. The stock traded heavily; around 8.4 million shares changed hands with more than two hours left in the trading session, compared with their average daily volume of just 1.4 million.
Elsewhere in the retail REIT space, Kimco Realty (KIM), General Growth Properties (GGP), Simon Property Group (SPG) and Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT) all traded higher. Kimco gained 3.4%, General Growth added 2.4%, Simon Property rose 1.6% and Tanger gained 1.4%.
--Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
>>See our new stock quote page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV